Warwickshire and West Midlands Game Fair
Date: 21st-22nd June
Location: Shugborough, Milford Common, Staffordshire, ST17 0XB.
With over 24 successful years behind it, the Warwickshire and West Midlands Game Fair continues to be a remarkable highlight of the Game Fair calendar. Set in Shugborough, here you will find plenty to see and do for country enthusiasts and families looking for a great fun-packed day out full of traditional country pursuits.
What is happening?In 2014 the Country Game Fair is set to be the biggest ever! Whether you are involved in traditional country sports, looking for kid’s activities, or looking to enjoy one of the many Professional displays, the Warwickshire and West Midlands Game Fair is the only place to be over the weekend of the 26th to 27th August!
Why is it such a special event?Some of the incredible array of shows and events at the Country Game Fair:
- Continuous Arena Events throughout the 2 days of the Country Fair
- Exhibitions, Displays and Demonstrations throughout the weekend!
- High flying Falconry Displays
- Skilled Gundog Displays and Tuition
- Featuring the NWTF National Terrier Championship Show Final (Sun)
- A entertaining and informative Beagle Show
- The excitement of Whippet Racing
- Find a bargain at the Antique Collectors Fair
- Stickdressing (Show Sunday)
- Hound Display and Parades
- Country Craft Fair
- See the graceful vehicles of the Rolls Royce Owners Club Meeting (Sunday)
- A Vintage Tractor Display
- Children’s Quad Bikes, Amusements and Funfair – So many kid’s activities!
- Children's Pony Rides
- Licensed Bars and Catering for the adults
- Exhibitions, Displays and Demonstrations
- Come Shopping at over 150 Quality Trade Stands featuring stunning regional produce!
What can we do there?Visitors to the Game and Country Fair can try their hand at:
- Sporting Clay Pigeon Shoot – featuring Open Cash and Novice Trophies
- The Take your Kennel Club Good Citizen Award
- BASC Gundog Events
- BASC Shotgun Coaching
- Free Flycasting Tuition with Derek Turner (AAPGAI)
- Muzzle Loading and Shooting
- Terrier and Lurcher Shows
- Ferret Shows and Racing
- Dog Agility Arena
Novelty Dog Show
Chris GreenDuring the weekend there will be demonstations and talks from TV’s Chris Green, who is known as ‘The Ultimate Countryman.’
Working dog sporting eventsFor those with retrievers keen on working tests there will be a Novice Test on the Saturday and an Open Test on the Sunday. These will be pre-entry events and details and an entry form will be available from the BASC website or by calling Gundog Department on 01244 573019, there will be limited numbers so apply early to be sure of a run.
There will be a £100 top prize, in each of these events along with trophies to keep and Chudleys dog food for the prize winners. The best open dog will also win the Chudleys Classic cup. A new and exciting element to this test will be ‘sim bird’, a series of combined remote dummy launchers and realistic sound designed by gundog gear to replicate a drive on a shoot.
Monday will be ‘have a go day’, when anyone visiting with their dog will have the opportunity to have a go and try the ‘sim bird’ test and experience. BASC will have gundog advisors available over the 3 days to give help and advice on all dog related matters and the Chudleys team will also be on hand to offer any nutritional advice providing samples and information leaflets.
Disabled Access InformationDisabled/Forward parking is available for Disabled badge holders. Please display your badge when entering the show.
Please note that as this is an outdoor event on grass, those with restricted mobility may have difficulty if the ground becomes wet due to heavy rain. Unfortunately at this time we do not offer scooters or carriages for visitors. If you have any further queries please contact the Game and Country Fair Show Office.