Duncombe Park Country Fair
Date: 26th-26th May
Location: Duncombe Park, Helmsley, North Yorkshire, YO62 5EB
The Premier country game fair in North Yorkshire.
What's happening at the Duncombe Park Country Fair?A firm favourite since 1982, the original country fair of North Yorkshire is set in the beautiful grounds of Duncombe Park near Helmsley. Showcasing the family friendly excitement of the Dingle Fingle show and Jive Pony - the UK’s premier female Equestrian team; Dog shows and displays, open clay pigeon shooting, classic cars, falconry and so much more. It’s the perfect place to visit during the Jubilee weekend, the May Bank Holiday 2014!
Why is it such a special event?This year’s Duncombe park Country Fair features something to delight young and old alike, whatever your favourite country pursuit.
- Engage in family fun as you join Dingle Fingle, an undercover policeman, in his mission to stop Slippery Sid the classic car thief! You are the Clown Town Crime Watch and Dingle Fingle needs your help in this action packed show featuring two madcap clowns, an amazing stunt car and precision driving.
- The UK's premier female equestrian team, Jive Pony, have been delighting audiences with their unique style of horsemanship all over the UK since 2005. The equestrian display team wow the crowds up and down the UK every year with their vaulting skills, fast paced stunts and an incredible show of horse control. All this is blended with the glamour and music from West End favourites such as Grease.
A focus on horses and a dog fair brings to life to this year’s show. Plus there is a world class farmers market and craft fair, shooting, falconry, funfair rides and so much more. Loaded with adult and kid’s activities. Nobody will be short of things to do.
What can we do there?
- Watch out for Thomas Longton, the renowned sheep dog trainer and his display of canine mastery.
- Thrilling demonstrations from Whitbey Falconers and their magnificent birds of prey.
- Seek out the finest local produce fresh from Yorkshire farms at the Farmers Market.
- Take aim at ‘have a go’ clay pigeon shooting with Eric Aaron Shooting.
- Visit the many Trade stands and large craft fair marquee.
- Drive on over to the Static engines, vintage cars, tractors and motorcycles.
- Prove you have more than one string and participate in Archery.
- Enjoy the thrills of the bungee trampoline, bucking bronco, climbing wall and giant slide. Plus don’t miss your chance to walk on water with ‘water zorbing!’
Duncome Park Country Fair shows and competitionsThere will be a wide range of classes for the dog shows:
- Pet fair for pedigree and non pedigree dogs
- Foxhound showing and judging
- Terrier showing and racing
- Lurcher showing
- Ferret show and racing plus the excitement of ‘Ferret Roulette’
In addition there are the following displays:
- Unaffiliated show jumping
- Ridden hunters
- Miniature horses.
- Mini Grand National.
- Coloured horse show
Gates open at 8am, gates close at 6pm
Where it’s at!?
2012 Admission Prices:
- Adult - £7.00
- Concessions - £5.00
- Child - £3.00
DirectionsDuncombe Park, Helmsley, North Yorkshire. YO62 5EB
The Fair is situated in the grounds of Duncombe Park (YO62 5EB for Sat Nav users) on the edge of the picturesque market town of Helmsley. Top of page